Alicen D. Burtness, Esq.
After earning her Juris Doctorate from Western State University College of Law with scholastic merit — where she was also a member of the Dean’s Circle Honors Program — Alicen joined Farnell & Norman, PC as an associate counsel representing and advising clients in employment law and personal injury litigation claims.
She is a member of the Orange County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Los Angeles Bar Association. Alicen earned her undergraduate degree in psychology from the University of California, Irvine and worked as a Judicial Extern with the Orange County Superior Court.
- Western State University College of Law — J.D. (2012)
Honors: Graduated with scholastic merit.
Member of the Dean’s Circle Honor’s Program all three years.
WSU full tuition scholarship recipient all three years.
- University of California, Irvine — B.A. (2008)
Honors: UCI Honor Roll for 2003-2005, 2008.
Extracurricular Activities: Tutor at Santa Ana District Elementary School.
- Published writer in the Western State University Law Review Journal
- Senior technical editor in the Law Review in charge of overseeing three technical editors
- Student lawyer in the Immigration Legal Clinic
- 2L representative of Women’s Law Association